Many of us, well, many of you, may not have even heard of Zoom before March 2020. It’s a wonderful platform for sure – if you know how to do a Zoom party well!
Some of our Goofy Faces artists are Zoom Party experts and have been using it to draw remote digital caricatures, or eSketches™, for a while. Along the way, we have learned how to make your Zoom events, birthday parties, work meetings, etc., flow more smoothly with fewer hiccups and so everyone has a good time!
General Zoom Tips – aka Zoom Etiquette
Some meeting etiquette is the same whether you’re in person or online. Zoom-specific options, like muting if there is distracting noise, is a feature we only wish we had for in person meetings! Here are some tips to improve your Zoom online events:
- Be timely – Ask guests to log on a few minutes early. Depending on your system, and how many people are logging in, it may take a minute or two to get up and running. If a waiting room is enabled, the host will let everyone in at the right time.
- Use the chat feature! Especially if your conversation is only between you and one other person. Don’t take the focus from the speaker just to share that important idea – or that funny comment – with your friend or colleague!
- Keep your video on. No one likes speaking to a screen full of blank squares! Now more than ever, we want to see your smiling faces! If you need to get up, move around or leave for a minute, go ahead and turn your video off so you don’t disrupt the event.
- Remind everyone to turn off all notifications and silence all other devices in the room with you.
- Avoid logging in to your Zoom Party in the same room as someone else who is logged in on another device. This causes an annoying echo effect! Either log in on just one device and share, mute one device, or have one person go into another room.
Zoom Party Tips When You Hire a Goofy Faces Artist
Our artists are Zoom experts! When they are on and drawing your guests remotely, you can let them “run the show.” They will help direct who gets to be next and how to set up the viewing. If you don’t have a Zoom Pro account that lets you have more than two people on for more than 40 minutes, we do! We are happy to set up the event and send you the party/meeting invitation to share with your guests. (small fee applies)
Just like when we draw live digital caricatures, or eSketches™, in-person at a private party, corporate event or trade show, you will want to give your guests sufficient space to see the drawing. Here are our tips for the best Zoom party remote caricature experience with a Goofy Faces artist:
- Have your guests select Speaker View if they wish to see just the person being drawn and the caricature coming to life! Select Gallery View to see all participants on your screen as well as the artist and live drawing.
- The device matters. Encourage your guests to log in from a tablet or computer rather than a phone. Kids especially will have more fun when they can see their friend and the drawing on one screen. On a phone you may have to keep swiping to see all the action!
- Be polite! As the artist talks with the person being drawn, the guests will get to watch the drawing. If the guests are too chatty or get rowdy behind the scenes, we may ask everyone to mute, or we may have to mute them, so they don’t disrupt the artist.
- Proper lighting is key. In person, we bring our own lights. If there is a window with bright light behind you, either close the shade or turn so you face the window instead. The artist wants to see you in your best light!
- Share your link! Your event’s drawings will be added to a Dropbox folder that you can access anytime. The artist will post the folder location in the chat at the beginning of the event. (Note: if people join late, they can still be drawn, but they won’t see the folder address.)
The artist will draw one guest at a time, or two together as a couple. This means the artist will need to see each person’s face on the screen for up to 8 minutes to complete the sketch.
Note to parents hosting your child’s birthday party: The artist and the child being drawn IS the entertainment! The other guests need not be trying to focus on separate activities (like pre-delivered goodie bags) while the artist is working. Have the dance parties and scavenger hunts before or after the artist is on. The kids will have fun watching their friends’ face come to life on screen!
The person who is going to be the subject of the drawing must be part of the event. We draw live! Of course we can draw from a photo. If you prefer that please arrange it through our studio art page.
After your Zoom Party, Goofy Faces can provide a group caricature of all your guests. For just $5/face your artist will combine all the caricatures he or she drew during the party into one, fun image of the whole gang!
In the days of virtual and remote everything, keeping morale up has never been more critical! Whether it’s your work family or your home family, doing something fun and unique, like a get together with a live (but remote!) caricature artist can really lift their spirits!
With technology today, there are many ways to meet online. Create an account on Zoom, Google Hangout, Skype, GoToMeeting, Facetime or GoogleDuo. Most of these services have free options depending on the size of your group and how long your online event will last.
How do you keep it light and fun amid difficult times? Hire a Goofy Faces Caricature Artist to draw live remote caricatures! All you need is a laptop, tablet or smartphone with internet access as well as a color printer. Our artist engages with each person while drawing their caricature digitally, called an eSketch™ – in as little as six minutes! eSketches™ are drawn and colored digitally on a tablet or digital drawing pad. After showing the person their finished caricature, the artist uploads the final art to a Dropbox so you can access it from your device, view and print on the spot!
In addition, the host gets the digital files of all the images. Think of the possibilities! Use them for celebrating birthdays, employee recognition, or as something fun to send to your customers and friends. Sales staff like to use them in their email signature!
Keeping Morale Up at Work
Four party planning tips for fun and memorable celebrating
It starts with first steps. Then it’s first words, then first day at school. As they grow, our children have a limited number of first – or only – events in their lives.
Depending on your family’s heritage, events that only happen once in your child’s life may include:
* First Communion
* Bar or Bat Mitzvah
* High School Graduation
These special times call for special celebrations. Party planning for those celebrations can be tedious and frustrating at times. Don’t let it get you stressed! With a little bit of thoughtful preparation, you can pull off a fun, memorable family-friendly party your kids will talk about for years to come.
Consider what type of event you want, your guest list, the venue, and of course the entertainment! (more…)
Over the past few years, Goofy Faces caricature artists have become an integral part of many company business plans. Yes, business plans!
No longer just the purview of zoos, amusement parks and family vacations (but we do those well!), caricature art is a truly unique service that can help a business stand out at a trade show or industry convention. Live digital caricatures, like eSketches™, for example, are increasingly popular for brands to incorporate into their trade show booths because they attract so much attention! (more…)
What do an elementary school art teacher from Ohio, a fashion illustrator from Oregon and an award-winning editorial cartoonist have in common? They are all Goofy Faces caricature artists!
While you don’t have to have a degree or specific training to be a successful caricature artist, many of our artists do. What’s important is how we evaluate each artist.
How are Goofy Faces Artists Trained?
4 tips to help you get the right artist for your entertainment.
If you’re planning a party, or you’ve been asked to help with the entertainment for an event, and you want something people will remember, hire a caricature artist or face painter. Your guests will definitely be entertained, and they get to take home treasured memories in the form of a unique piece of art of or on their face!
Here are some tips to help you make the best choice. (more…)
We live in a world of “seen this, done that.” If you’re looking for unique, fun party entertainment at your event this year, consider hiring a Goofy Faces caricature artist or face painter. We’re jumping in to 2020 and our calendars are booking up so check availability as soon as possible here.
Are you planning a wedding or family reunion? Did you announce your retirement? Are you celebrating a milestone anniversary? Is anyone graduating this year? All of these make great reasons to contact Goofy Faces and find the right artist for your special day. (more…)
Goofy Faces Caricature Artists Entertained Thousands in 2019
2019 Has been a wonderful year at Goofy Faces! Thanks to you – all our wonderful event hosts, brides and grooms, party planners, birthday party parents, Senior All Night Party planners, trade show organizers, company picnic planners, family and class reunion organizers, zoo and aquarium guests and anyone else for whom we have drawn a Goofy Faces Caricature or painted your face. All of our caricature artists and face painters thank you for letting us entertain you as part of your special events and celebrations!
Caricature Art by the Numbers:
Finding the Fun with Caricature Artists and Face Painting in the City of Angels
Will your holiday travels take you to sunny Los Angeles? If so, you’ll find many fun, family activities in the LA area. Some even have Goofy Faces Caricature artists and face painters to help make your experience truly memorable!
Family Fun with Caricatures at the Aquarium of the Pacific
Visit the new Pacific Visions interactive art gallery and “immersive motion picture experience.” or fan favorites like squid tanks and the Ray Touch Pool. The Aquarium of the Pacific has family fun for all ages. (more…)
Make the Most of Hiring a Caricature Artist or Face Painter for Your Holiday Party
Fun!” “Entertaining!” “Such a great time!” That’s what your guests will say about your fabulous and memorable company holiday party when you hire the perfect entertainment.
Smart party planners get the most bang for their buck. Hire a caricature artist for your holiday party and you get entertainment and keepsakes all in one! How do you make sure your guests have a great experience? We asked our team of talented, fun and friendly caricature and face painting artists to answer some questions our clients have about holiday party bookings. (more…)